Thursday, October 29, 2009

Nanowrimo is two days away!!

As some of my favorite students would say... "Oh--my--COD!!"

(In Korean language, the 'g' sound only comes in the center of a word, so forming words that BEGIN with 'g' is hard for them. They will often make the k sound instead, which makes it sound like they are calling upon the divine cod.)

So naturally this past week I have been working hard to get my chapter plans in order so that I can begin withe fury of a thousand suns on November 1!

For those of you who don't know what Nanowrimo is, it is short for National Novel Writing Month. In 2003, when I was a junior in high school, I heard from a friend that these crazy people had decided to challenge themselves to write a novel in a month. 50,000 words of novel in one month. Naturally I thought that was a genius idea, and I completed my 50,000 words--about halfway into a brilliant novel. After the end of the month, I barely looked at it again.

The world and the plot stayed in my head, though. Plus Nanowrimo is one amazing way to meet and chat with other writers. The craziness kind of infects everyone to be more supportive. I'm super excited to meet some of the novelists in Korea, too.

Also, I'm attempting to find a way to upload a short video post to share with friends and family. It was suggested to me because some family wants to hear what's up, but can't get on the internet to read the blog. It sounded kind of fun anyway, but sadly I discovered (after making the video) that YouTube has blocked video uploads from South Korea. Don't ask me why, I don't know. I am assuming that it is a copyright concern that the SK government enacted.

Anyway... I'm off to plan sommore stuff!!

No comments:

Post a Comment