Monday, April 26, 2010

It's windy, but it's a good feeling.

The sun came out after an entire day of pelting rain yesterday. I wanted to be upset and moody because it was raining AND it was Monday, but oddly enough I started to feel kind of calm. I remembered that I was in Asia, and for some reason, yesterday, that was just enough. Reading is a great thing for me, because I start to look at my own life less like something I "have to do" and more like a novel to be written.

Other excellent news. I am going to India! I've been accepted to volunteer with One! International, a small NGO that runs schools for poor children in Mumbai. They've even asked me to teach art, which is really exciting.

Also, not nearly as exciting, but happy for me is that they finally released the Avatar soundtrack for MP3 download on iTunes, which means that I now have it. Super excited. I love James Horner and I loved that movie.


On Monday, I started studying Korean with my Taekwondo Teacher's wife, and I'm super excited. They are like my family here. I spent so much time there, haha. It really makes me happy and I am so glad that I got the chance to do this.

Anyway just brief updates. Nothing spectacular happening. Here's a photo from the mountain climb I took on Sunday. There is a barefoot climbing festival happening soon, and I think my TKD teachers are going to take me!

1 comment:

  1. "On Monday, I started studying Korean with my Taekwondo Teacher's wife, and I'm super excited. They are like my family here. I spent so much time there, haha. It really makes me happy and I am so glad that I got the chance to do this." That makes me happy, sweetie. Yes, I am on my second glass of wine, and posting on everything you have written in the last month. Yes, it is Mother's Day. Yes, I miss you. Momooga

    ReplyDelete