Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Good news from writer land!

I finally plowed through the final scenes of my book! I might write one more epilogue style scene, but right now I'm reserving that for after I do some serious reconstruction work on the last several chapters. It feels really good, but there's still a lot of work to do in the writing--and then after that, after that I get to start the difficult process of looking at agents--understanding what that business all means--and sitting on my hands while I wait for someone to tell me if it's good. Publishable.

But this time I really am going through with it. This time I am going to close and finish one of my many projects, and maybe for once in my life I'll be able to walk away from something without leaving it unfinished.

Also, in Soccer News: North Korea lost to Portugal by SEVEN. SEVEN TO ZERO. How on earth do you lose that badly??? How did they even get into the World Cup in the first place?

4 comments:

  1. Because a ZERG RUSH is not a effective technique for Soccer

    I would like to read you're novel when you think it's ready to be shared =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also this:
    http://www.vuvuzela-time.co.uk/allbestpictures.com/wallpapers/games/image/starcraft.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha, I'm so happy that you were able to make that joke--but sadly, North Koreans do not enjoy Starcraft like the South Koreans, so the pun is kind of lost. (Ie, I don't assume that any of them have allowed devil american games into their country.)

    I'll send you a link on facebook. It'd be nice to have a lit nut's perspective on it, though I know you'll be pretty harsh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooops

    I don't think I noticed the "North" part.
    My bad.

    ReplyDelete